Fun For Kids
Leavenworth kids activities are abundant and full of variety. For those who enjoy learning, stop by the Nutcracker Museum. For those who prefer a more active environment, enjoy horseback back riding or tubing the Wenatchee River.
- The Leavenworth Icicle Junction Activity Center has everything to help entertain both you and your kids, no matter what the weather.
- Teach your kids how to fish in Leavenworth’s best-kept secret: a stocked pond.
- Balance nature with education at the Rocky Reach Dam and Parks.
What can I do in Leavenworth with my kids?
Educational and Interesting Activities:
- Rocky Reach Dam and Visitor Center: The Rocky Reach Dam is part of a larger collection of recreational parks. The dam includes a museum, café, balconies that overlook the surrounding park area, a fish bypass system and views of Lake Entiat and Columbia River. Within this park area is also the Rocky Reach Park Arboretum and Dahlia garden.
- Leavenworth Nutcracker Museum: This museum provides a history of the nutcracker tradition, displays some very unique, nontraditional nutcrackers, and even has the opportunity for a nutcracker scavenger hunt. For more information and hours visit www.nutcrackermuseum.com
- Horseback Riding: A relaxing but still adventurous way to spend time with the whole family. Enjoy scenic guided tours of Leavenworth’s natural beauty provided by local farms and ranches throughout the summertime. During the wintertime, opt for a cozier sleigh ride.
- Leavenworth Tubing: Families can spend those perfect summer days floating down the Wenatchee River or testing their balance with stand-up paddleboards.
- ATV and Snowmobile Rentals: Several of Leavenworth’s outdoor outfitters rent these vehicles for all sorts of weather. Get out and explore the Washington mountains without having to trek across miles of endless terrain on foot.
- Front Street Gazebo: During the holiday season, families can gather together and watch the Lighting Ceremony from the gazebo area. Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas and Santa Claus stop by the gazebo in December and the lighting ceremonies begin at 4:30 pm each night. It is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of some of the free Leavenworth kids fun.
For the Active Families:
- Leavenworth Skate Park: This is the perfect area to spend time allowing your children to wear off some of their extra energy. It is open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm year round and includes 6,000 square feet of glorious concrete for your kids to skate across.
- Trout Unlimited Fishing Pond: This pond is stocked with trout and open year round for children under 15 to enjoy a little taste of the excitement of fishing. One of Leavenworth’s best kept secrets, it is located within the Bavarian Village inside the Enchantment Park.
- Smallwood’s Harvest: Located only a short distance outside of the main Bavarian Village, Smallwood’s is a farm that prides itself on its ability to entertain. A petting zoo, gift shop, overnight lodging, egg factory, guided tours, truck rides and a maze are all part of this farms wide variety of offerings for the perfect family outing.
Rainy Day Entertainment:
Leavenworth Icicle Junction Activity Center: Families can play miniature golf, basketball, badminton, or pool. The center also shows hit feature films during the evenings and has a bar area where adults can gather for drinks and watch sports games while kids play in the arcade. The swimming pool is open year-round.
Share Your Thoughts
- Coupon Book
- Newsletter Sign Up
- Day Spas & Massage
- Food & Drink
- Nightlife & Bars
- Theatre & Music
- Local Events
- Fun For Kids
- Guides & Tours
- Bavarian Village
- Front Street Gazebo
- Gorge Amphitheatre
- Icicle Arts
- Icicle Creek Center for the Arts
- Leavenworth Festhalle
- Leavenworth Summer Theater
- Wenatchee Performing Arts
- Village Art in the Park
- Super Oval Race Track
- Wenatchee Valley Symphony